ForeverLawn of Chicago installed approximately 80,000sqft of synthetic turf with Envirofill as a part of a $90M renovation to this local apartment community. Envirofill was chosen over traditional infill alternatives to provide the peace of mind, durability and performance that the demanding, high traffic play lawns will require.
The apartment community has been going through a massive modernization phase for several months. The property layout previously featured several courtyard areas with natural grass that could not withstand the combination of weathering and resident activity and still provide for the everyday use that synthetic turf can offer. The community is also receiving multiple new playgrounds that are age appropriate based on the play structure elements. For example, some equipment is designed to accommodate toddlers and others are designed for elementary aged children, but promoting outdoor play and exercise is the common goal.
Envirofill is designed to enhance these surfaces. It is an acrylic coated sand infill made specifically for use in synthetic turf applications. Playground surfacing benefits include:
- Rounded design to promote better drainage and inhibit compaction of the surface
- Excellent cushioning qualities, especially when combined with a shock pad
- Microban™ anti-microbial protection to inhibit the growth of bacteria, mold and mildew
- Stays cooler than traditional rubber infill
- Completely encapsulated – No dust, no absorption of liquids!
- Durable and resueable
- Virtually maintenance free
Envirofill is being used by homeowners, architects and contractors all over the world due to its many benefits. Envirofill is manufactured by USGreentech LLC, based in Cincinnati, OH.