On September 13, 2016, USGreentech’s parent company, The Motz Corporation, was honored as a top three finalist for the Goering Center’s Best Family and Private Business award, and we couldn’t be more thrilled! 2016 has been a year of continued growth for our company, new and improved products launched, and exciting projects completed. In the midst of all of this, we are extremely grateful to be recognized for our efforts by the Goering Center.
The Goering Center, at the University of Cincinnati, is a leading informational and educational resource for family owned and private businesses. It is an organization committed to addressing the unique needs of family businesses and privately held businesses. Its intent is to fuel growth and support business harmony. According to the Goering Center, “Family and privately owned businesses have a tremendous impact on the nation’s total economic climate. In fact, they account for more than half the total employment, new job creation and Gross Domestic Product.”
Hitting all the marks of Goering Center’s Best Practices, The Motz Corporation (whose companies include USGreentech, The Motz Group, and TRS was in the top three of 85 semi-finalists (Award Division: Family Business with 26-100 employees).
The Motz Corporation prides itself in the ability to grow and foster customer relationships, continuously developing employees personally and professionally, its commitment to providing the best products the industry has to offer, continued innovation, and running a business with integrity. TMC’s dedication to quality and ingenuity, offers an ideal environment for a thriving company in 2016 and for years to come.
Nominees of the Goering award for Best Family and Private Business are objectively analyzed by an independent panel who reviews Goering Center’s Ten Best Practices. The best practices, according to their website, are:
- Family Business Strategy: Articulate a clear family business philosophy, resulting in a family charter that outlines policies concerning employment, ownership, compensation, management, conflict resolution, and personal and corporate responsibility.
- Strategic Business Plan: Develop, regularly update, and communicate a business strategic plan, with continuous measurement of the plan results.
- Employee Performance Management System: Develop and execute an employee performance management system including accurate, up-to-date job descriptions, agreed upon goals, and timely, truthful feedback and evaluations.
- Leadership Development: Implement leadership development plans for key positions and possible successors.
- Creation of Board Members (including non- family members): Establish either a Board of Advisors or Board of Directors including non-family members.
- Contingency Planning: Create contingency and estate plans that address the organization's response in the event of disability, death or voluntary resignation of owners and key officers.
- Owner’s Retirement Plan: Create retirement plans of owners that address lifetime security of owners, including a continual challenge for retired owners.
- Business Growth: Experience continuous financial success over time in terms of sales and profit growth.
- Active Family Council: Create an active and functioning Family Council that serves the purpose of communicating company and family issues.
- Giving Back: Embrace and encourage company and individual community service.
For more information on the Goering Center, check out their website: Goering Center - 2016 Family & Private Business Awards.